This will be our seventh expedition on Mount Kenya.
During the last one the peak was reached by 100% of participants.
Mount Kenya is:
– Matterhorn of Africa
– a challenge for climbers
– an amazement for trekkers
– luxuriant and original nature
– elephants, monkeys and other animals visiting our camps
You can take part in the expedition if you are able to climb well in the difficulties of IV-V level. You must be familiar with the basic techniques of security and descent.
During the expedition you will have the opportunity to gain some knowledge on a special climbing training.
A and B type jaundice, tetanus, polio.
Taking anti- malaria medicine is recommended (Malarone)
14 500 pln- the expedition for those who go climbing with a guide
13 500 pln- the expedition for those who go trekking version
The price includes: flight to Nairobi and back, transport at the place of destination, transport by 4×4 cars in the National Park, all payments connected with the trekking and climbing on Mount Kenya, guides (also the climbing ones), porters, cooks, 2 days safari, 1-2 days trekking combined with climbing, cruise among hippoes in Naivasha and walks among giraffes in the Hell’s Gate Park, insurance, accommodation in cheap hotels, in the mountains and on safari in tents, food (two meals a day, in the mountains and on safari full board), clubs fee.
The price doesn’t include; visa 50$, possible additional trips; Samburu village (20$) etc., obligatory tips (about 150$), excess luggage.
Here’s the itinerary of the expedition:
– flight to Nairobi
– travel to the place called Frog which is a savanah on the fault of Great Rift Valley where we’ll have the training on colourfull rocks of the valley. This region is inhabited by Masai so we’ll have a chance to meet them.
– travel to Naro Moru
– travel to the gate of the national park and ascending Naro Moru Lodges (3000m) on our way we go through the rainforest where we can meet elephants and antelopes. In the lodges we’ll have to spend some time with cheeky monkeys.
– ascending Mc Kinder’s Camp (4300m) which takes about 8 hours. On our way we’ll see beautiful exotic plants and even better view on Kenya.
– acclimatization in McKinders’s Camp in company of local mormots
– ascending Austrian Hut (4790m)
– ascending Neliona (5189m) and, if it’s possible, descending the same day,
the trekking group ascends at that time Point Lenana (4985m)
– a spare day
– descending to the gate of the park and travel to Naro Moru
– 2 days safari in the Samburu National Park (lots of elephants and giraffes, crocodiles and leopards)
– stay at Naivasha lake, a boat cruise among papirus and hippoes
– a walk in the Hell’s Gate National Park – mysterious ravine in Great Rift Valley, flocks of animals.
– return to Nairobi, flight to Poland