Ładowanie Wydarzenia
  • OD 25 kw.
  • DO 5 maj

Marocco- Atlas Mountains


Jebel Toubkal is 4160 meters high which makes it the highest peak of North Africa. It’s situated in the Atlas Mountains, in Morocco, 80km to the south from the most exotic city in Morocco – Marrakech. Together with a group of other peaks it surrounds a high situated valley – Mizan, which changes into Imil, Asni and Haouz- Marrakech plateau. The first ascent took place in 1923, but we don’t know whose achievement that was.
Till XX century Morroco was a mysterious country hiding secret bases of warlike Berber people. Around the Toubkala massif there are plenty of villages, where life hasn’t changed for centuries. The Berber people, who live there, are the least civilised citizens of Morroco. Morroco consists not only of the mountains but also wonderful Mediterranean climate, arid desert with wavy dunes, oases and rarely appearing caravans of Tuareg people. The country is famous also for its magnificent canyons, especially known for narrow labirynths – Dades and powerfull walls of Todra. Even today you can get lost in narrow medinas of white Casablanca or red Marrakech.
Jebel Toubkal is a technically easy mountain, ascending it demands acclimatization, ability to use crampons (if there’s snow). It can be recommended to any experienced or not mountain tourist, especially to those who want to start climbing in higher mountains after gaining experience in the Polish ranges. The height of 4000 must be respected. We will ascend Toubkal along one of the valleys, so called South Ikhibi, we finish the ascend along a crest. At the end of April we have a 60% chance to see the snow there – and 40% that there will be none. The snow appears at the height of 3500m. In the night the temperature shouldn’t fall below -5 degrees at the height of 3000, but during the day it’s very hot there. April is one of the best months to go trekking in Morroco. It’s neither too cold nor too hot which makes staying on the desert even a bigger pleasure. What’s more the snow can hold the stones so there is no possibility that the rocks will fall out.
Caution! It’s impossible to take part in the expedition if staying at great heights or on the desert is harmful to your health.



5400 pln

The price includes:the organisation of the expedition, accomodation in tourist class hotels, mountain shelters, climbing insurance, food (two meals a day, in the mountains we cook ourselves using burners), flight to Marocco and back, transport at the place of our destination, club’s fee, transport to the dessert.
The price doesn’t include: excess luggage (doesn’t appear), mules (15-20 euro), voluntary camel rides (30 euro), entrance fees e.g. museums and other costs of sightseeing.



1.If you are willing to take part in the expedition, please, apply not later than 3 months before setting out.
2.To confirm the reservation please, pay 1700pln for the ticket to the bank account: Stowarzyszenie” Annapurna Klub” Santader Bank 34 1090 1652 0000 0000 6404 1166



We are flying from Warsaw or Berlin to Casablanca or Marrakesh. Marrakech is probably the most exotic city in this country. Apart from the monuments it’s worth to see a local market- so called suki. There are plenty of snake whisperers, performing monkeys, story tellers, prophets, and others.In Marrakech we spend a day and we move to the mountains. First we go to Asni, then to Berber’s village Imil (1740) where we can hire mules. Next day we ascend the base camp, after 5hours march along Mizan Valley we get to Nelter wchich is situated at 3200m. Next day we move towards the summit. After we cover 1000 metres of height difference we set our feet on the highest peak of North Africa. Usually 100% participants manage to reach the summit at the first attempt. If anybody doesn’t menage to do it there will be a possibility to try the next day. The remaining days we spend on the desert to see huge migrating dunes. For sure we spend a night there to count the countless stars and have a possibility to see a sunrise and sunset on the desert. On our way there, we’ll see wonderful palm groves, ochre ravines or black and blue volcanic mountains. For a while we’ll stop in Ait’Benadou where a few movies were made and on the pass at the height of 2200m. We’ll also stay in Dades and Todra canyons for longer. In Dades we’ll walk along dry streams and rock hewn labirynths that are even one metre narrow. In Todra we’ll see the 300 metres canyon and we’ll try to climb on one of its walls. At the end we return to Marrakech, and possibly see Ouzad waterfalls. We come back to Poland after 11 days.

Day by day itinerary:
Day 1- Flight to Marrakech.
Day 2- visiting Marakech
Day 3- travel to Imlil (1740m) first acclimatization
Day 4- ascending Nelter 5 hours (3200m). The possibility to hire mules, basic training.
Day 5- ascending the summit – about 5 hours
Day 6- a spare day. Descent to Marrakech.
Day 7- travel to Dades, on our way the pass- 2200m and Ait Benandou.
Day 8- walking in Dades labirynths, travel to Todra
Day 9- climbing in Todra, travel through the desert, night on the desesrt, a possibility to hire camels.
Day 10- travel to Marrakech. A posibility to see Ouzad waterfalls.
Day 11 – return flight



– Socks (5 pairs of Otton ones and 1-2 pairs of thick, trekking socks)
– Trekking shoes
– Sandals or trainers
– Polar fleece trousers polar 100
– Windproof trousers
– Trekking gaiters
– Underwear (including anti-sweat vest Rhovyl on)
– Thin cotton underwear
– 2 polar fleece jackets – polar 200 or one polar 100 and one polar 200
– spare gloves – over-mitts woolen or polar ones, or skiing gloves
– goretex or similar jacket
– hat
– hat or scarf against the sun
– headlamp
– sunglasses
– foam pad
– thin sleeping bag
– rucksacks 60-80 lires and 25-45 litres (not neccesserily but it’s useful as a handbag or while ascending the mountain)
– shorts
– long trousers and shirt (or one pair of trousers with detachable trouser leg)
– sun protection cream factor 25
– telescopic sticks (not necesserily)
– vacuum flask
– mess tin
– burner (pierceable cyllinders C 190, the ones that have to be used and cannot be removed when there’s gas inside)
– cutlery (knife and spoon)
– articles of toilet
– toilet paper
– photo camera
– crampons

Termin wyjazdu

25 kw. 2025 - 5 maj 2025